Many people are excluded from development because of their gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or poverty. The effects of such exclusion are staggering, deepening inequality across the world. The richest ten percent of people in the world own 85 percent of all assets, while the poorest 50 percent own only one percent.
Development can be inclusive – and reduce poverty – only if all groups of people contribute to creating opportunities, share the benefits of development and participate in decision-making. Inclusive development follows UNDP’s human development approach and integrates the standards and principles of human rights: participation, non-discrimination and accountability.
There are many elements for a nation to consider in pursuing inclusive development. A vital one is how to create productive and gainful employment. This should be paired with effective and efficient social safety nets to protect those who cannot work or who earn too little.
Rights based barrier free, empowered Society promoting inclusive development.
To promote, develop and support Community Based Inclusive Development in policies and practices at district, provincial and national levels.
Aims and Objectives:
- To promote, support and facilitate implementation of UNCRPD;
- To advocate implementation of WHO CBR Guidelines.
- To advocate for inclusive provincial policies.
- To promote, support and facilitate implementation of Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID).
- Promote, support and facilitate development of resources for CBID in Pakistan;
- Linkage and alliance building among stakeholders particularly with organizations of persons with disabilities and families, national and international non-governmental institutions/ organizations, academia, media, national and local governments, donors and UN agencies;
- Research and publication on good practices, successful models and lesson learnt;
- Design and implement advocacy campaigns for the implementation of CBID.
- Representing CBID Network Pakistan at International level and sharing same information to National & Provincial Networks.
- Facilitating CBID Network on Global developments in the field of Disability, CBR and Inclusive Development.
- Preliminary meetings with stakeholders.
- Advocacy with Federal, Provincial and Local Govt’s on Inclusive Policies.
- Awareness and sensitization on Inclusion of People with Disabilities to Teachers, Communities, CBOs, DPOs, Govt. Institutions and Families of Children & Persons with disabilities.
- Provision of Technical support on the implementation of the CBR guidelines & UNCRPD to the members of the CBID Network.
- Update information related to CBID and communicate with the National Council/Executive Committee and other stakeholders;
- Capacity Building and leadership training of People With Disabilities for political Participation at Decision making level and access to justice.
- Capacity Building & Training Seminars, Workshops and Consultative meetings at National and Provincial Levels on Inclusion.
- National CBID Network meeting Annually; to Review the progress and action plan.
- Research and Data collection on People with Disabilities.
- Collection, management and documentation of good practices, Case studies and lessons learnt.
- Translation of CRPD, CBR guidelines and relevant documents in local languages & accessible formats to reach at community level.